Grab your transmitter and get ready to fly a ParkZone ICON A5 right on your home computer! In addition to being a blast to fly, the ultra-realistic Phoenix radio control (RC) simulator is the perfect way to master RC flight before taking the controls of your real ParkZone ICON A5. You can even fly with other pilots around the world via the Internet Multiplayer Mode. Without a doubt, the Phoenix RC Professional Radio Control Flight Simulation will take the fun of flying—and your piloting skills—to new heights. This version comes with the Spektrum DX5e Transmitter included, so you'll be ready to fly the simulator right out of the box, and continue to use the transmitter once you begin flying your real ParkZone ICON A5.
Fly on screen with a real transmitter.
More than advanced graphics will make your flying experience realistic. So will the included DX5e 2.4GHz DSM® transmitter. It’s the same one thousands of RC enthusiasts use every day. And you can fly all of the simulator’s virtual aircraft with it right on your screen. Best of all, it’s completely risk-free—you’ll learn to fly without fear of damaging real RC aircraft.
Take to the skies.
Once you’ve mastered flying on screen, you can use your DX5e to fly the real aircraft you’ve been practicing with. And you can do it all with state of-the-art technology. The DX5e’s advanced 2.4GHz DSM technology lets you fly without interference and frequency conflicts from other RC pilots.
Endless possibilities when you Bind-N-Fly.
The fully functional DX5e is compatible with many planes and helicopters, including all the Bind-N-Fly® aircraft like the ParkZone ICON A5. With Bind-N-Fly, you just pick a plane, bind it to your DX5e (or any other Spektrum transmitter) and fly.
- In addition to the ParkZone ICON A5, you can fly over 150 other accurate and detailed models, including all styles of helicopters, airplanes, watercraft, autogyros and more!
- More models and flying sites than ever before, including accurate flybarless physics and helicopters.
- Additional models, flying sites and features released for free download on a regular basis.
- Fly with and learn from other pilots around the World with fully-featured Internet/LAN multiplayer mode - with voice-chat.
To successfully use Phoenix, you will need the following:
- IBM-compatible PC computer with 1.0 Ghz Pentium 3/4 or AMD Athlon/64 compatible processor or better
- Microsoft Windows XP, Windows Vista or Windows 7 operating system
- 256MB system memory (RAM)
- 1.5 GB free, uncompressed hard-disk space
- ATI Radeon 9800/NVidia Geforce Ti4200 with at least 128MB memory or better
- Microsoft DirectX 9.0c or higher
- DVD-ROM Drive for installation
- 1 free USB 1.1/2.0 port
- 100% DirectX 9 compatible sound card (optional)
- An Intel-based Apple Macintosh computer running Microsoft Windows XP, Vista or 7 with the above specifications under one of the following systems
- Bootcamp (recommended)
- VMWare Fusion (latest version)
- Parallels (latest version)
More information on using Bootcamp can be found on the Apple website.
Phoenix does not run on older non-Intel Macintosh computers, or the Apple OSX operating system.
Adapters may be required depending on the transmitter you wish to use.
- Spektrum DX5e new-style with REAR training port (no adaptor required) (Included with this purchase)
- All JR (No adapter required)
- Spektrum DX4e/DX6/DX6i/DX7/DX7s/DX8 (No adapter required) - Note: The DX7se is not compatible with the simulator.
- Spektrum DX5e older-style with SIDE training port (Adapter required, RTMASPMDX5E)
- All Futaba (Futaba round or square adapter required, RTMAFUTRND or RTMAFUTSQ)
- Futaba FX-18 with 2.5mm stereo training port (FX-18 adapter required, RTMAFUTFX18)
- Hitec Aurora (no adaptor required
- All Hitec except Aurora (Hitec adapter required, RTMAFUTRND)
- All Multiplex (Multiplex adapter required, RTMAMULTI)
- All Airtronics/Sanwa RD and RDS series (Sanwa adapter required) (RTMAAIRSAN)
- E-sky ETB41 2.4GHz (no adaptor required)
- Other E-sky (Mini-DIN adapter required, RTMAMINIDIN)
- Co-Pilot (Mini-DIN adapter required, RTMAMINIDIN)
- Blade CX, CX-2, CX-3, CP, CP+, CP Pro, CP Pro 2 and Blade SR (No adapter required)
- Parkzone Transmitters with training jack (DX5e adaptor required, RTMASPMDX5E)
- Art-tech 100B (No adapter required)
- Art-tech 100C (Art-tech 100C adapter required, RTMAARTWALK)
- Walkera 2401, 2601 (Using MINI-DIN adapter supplied with transmitter)
- Walkera 2402, 2602, 2801 (Adapter required, RTMAARTWALK)
- All Graupner MC/MX (no adapter required) - ** MC-series requires "DSC Interface" Accessory **
Please note that the following transmitters are not supported:
- No USB controller devices/joysticks
- Spektrum DX7 "SE" version (This radio has no training output for R/C simulators)
- Hobbyzone transmitters and any transmitter included with ParkZone or E-Flite Ultra Micro products
- All Walkera except 2401, 2402, 2601, 2602 and 2801 (see above)
- Any other transmitter without a compatible training port